All of our tutors on the School Programme will need a valid, enhanced DBS check. (What's that?)
This is because you will be working with children under the age of 18 during school hours, therefore it is a legal requirement for you to be in possession of a valid, enhanced DBS check that details Children's Barred List Information.
If you don’t have a valid DBS check, we can register an application for you with our partner, Onfido. This costs £59. Alternatively, you can get one online yourself. Once registered, Onfido checks can come back as quickly as two to three working days. Please email email@example.com to register your interest. Please note that as all our DBS checks are carried out by Onfido, all charges will be handled by them directly.
***HALF PRICE SALE***
- For a limited period of time we are offering half price DBS checks for eligible tutors who want to join the Schools Programme.
- This means that instead of paying £59, you'll pay £29 for your DBS check.
- The next academic term is set to be MyTutor's biggest on record. Last year, our top tutors made on average £800 over the term, so this is a smart investment for your tutoring career.
To get yours, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Half price DBS check'
If you already have a DBS, please ensure that it meets our criteria and upload a clear picture/ scan of the front side to your profile via the 'Id & payment' section on the 'Edit profile' page. If you have trouble uploading it, please forward it to email@example.com.
To upload your DBS check:
- Click on the 'My Profile' link
- Click on the 'Id & payment' section on the right hand side of the page
- Click on the 'Upload DBS image' button