To be an active tutor on the programme you’ll need to provide us a valid enhanced DBS check that:
- Is less than 3 years old
- Is carried out in the UK
- Details DBS Children’s Barred List Information
- This section should state ‘NONE RECORDED’ not ‘NOT REQUESTED’
Please note that we do accept the Scottish 'Enhanced Disclosure' certificate and a valid PVG Scheme Record Certificate.
If your DBS check meets these conditions, then please upload your certificate to your profile via the 'ID and Payment' section on the 'My Profile' page and email us at email@example.com to get enrolled on the programme right away!
If your current DBS check doesn’t meet the above criteria, you will need to purchase a new DBS check to partake in the Schools Programme. To make things a little easier we can register an application for you! Simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all our DBS checks are carried out by Onfido, all charges to the service will be handled by them directly.
'I have registered for the DBS Update Service – do I still need to provide my certificate?'
- Yes, you will need to provide us your DBS certificate. Although you will always have an up to date DBS, we are unable to confirm if the original Enhanced Certificate included checks for the Child Barred List Information through the Update Service. Once you provide us with the original certificate, we can confirm the validity online (using your certificate number).
- In the Schools Programme you will be working with children under the age of 18, therefore we require all of our tutors to have a valid DBS with the Child Barred List Information disclosed – this is required by law.
- Once we’ve reviewed your DBS we can proceed to making your profile live on the Schools Programme!