Previous tutoring experience is useful and considered as part of the selection process. However, it is not strictly necessary for tutoring with MyTutor. As long as you can effectively demonstrate your suitability for the role, passion and expertise in your subject and excellent one-to-one communication combined with the ability to relate to the student then a lack of experience will not count against you.
Articles in this section
- What will happen in the interview?
- What is MyTutor?
- How does it work?
- Who is eligible to tutor with MyTutor?
- Do I need previous tutoring experience?
- How do I apply to become a tutor?
- What should I write in my sample Q&A?
- Which subjects can I tutor?
- What do I need to run online sessions?
- Where can I learn more about the MyTutor rules and guidelines?