We like to make sure that our tutors are well motivated, strong communicators and can articulate concepts well. In the interview we will ask you to explain a sample question in your subject field to get a sense of your teaching style, as well as asking a few more general questions relating to tutoring. You can view examples of previous answers for inspiration. We will also have the opportunity to run through how MyTutor works and ensure that any questions you may have are answered. All our interviewers started out as tutors too, so it's a great opportunity for you to ask any questions.
Before your interview please make sure that you:
1. Are on the correct browser
- Please use Chrome if you're on Windows, Firefox if you're on a Mac
- Using a tablet? Please see Lesson Space FAQs
2. Complete your sample question
Your interviewer will run through your sample question to get a sense of your teaching style. Add Q&A.
3. Test the Online Lesson Space to make sure that you are set up correctly. You will need:
- A working webcam
- Earphones with a mic (if you are on a Mac try to use non-Apple earphones as these can cause echo!)
- A good internet connection (Broadband as a minimum)
Meet your interviewers: