Getting started checklist
You’ll be able to launch the lesson space when logged into your MyTutor account from your desktop PC, laptop or Tablet. Please note that you won’t be able to access this from your mobile device.
Here is a checklist to ensure that you are ready for your first session.
One of the following devices
- Windows Laptop or Desktop
- Macbook or iMac
- We recommend using a wired headset with a microphone.
- Apple Earphones and Bluetooth devices (like AirPods) are not recommended as this may disrupt the audio and lead to echos or a lack of audio.
- Any webcam will do! Normally your device will already have a default camera built in
- Please note, all tutors are required to use their webcam in the lesson space
Strong internet connection
- We recommend using a wired (ethernet) connection if possible.
- You will need at least 2mb/s upload and download speeds.
- You can check your internet speed here.
- Our full FAQ on internet issues can be found here.
A compatible browser
- We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser, but we also support Safari and Firefox on a desktop.
- If you’re using an iPad - please launch your lessons in a Safari browser
- Try accessing the page using an Incognito/Private browsing window as this tends to help the connection in the lesson space.
- You can find out more information on our supported internet browsers here.
You may want a graphics tablet:
Graphics tablets allow both tutors and students to write far more easily on the lesson space whiteboard. This enhances the shared space and makes it far more intuitive. These can be purchased from around £20 on websites like Amazon - browse graphics tablets on Amazon here.
Although we do not recommend a specific tablet, our tutors often use Huion tablets as they have found they are particularly good value.
If you have an iPad or iPhone and a Mac, you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a graphics tablet using an app like Astropad