Tuition with stress free requirements.
You can run the online lesson space directly from your laptop, desktop or tablet. Please note that smartphones are not compatible with the lesson space.
Here is a checklist to ensure that you are ready for your first session.
You will need:
One of the following devices
- Windows Laptop or Desktop
- Macbook or iMac
Headphones with a microphone
- We recommend a USB headset with a microphone. Any option will be fine!
- Apple Earphones and Bluetooth devices are not recommended as you may encounter issues such as echo or lack of audio.
- Any webcam will do! This provides the best experience for your lessons.
- Tutors are requires to use webcams.
Good broadband connection
- We recommend using a wired (ethernet) connection if possible.
- You will need at least 2mb/s upload and download speeds.
- You can check your internet speed here.
- Our full FAQ on internet issues can be found here.
Google Chrome or Safari browser
- You can find out more information on our supported internet browsers here.
Optional but recommended:
A graphics tablet
Graphics tablets allow both tutors and students to write far more easily on the lesson space whiteboard. This enhances the shared space and makes it far more intuitive. These can be purchased from around £20 on websites like Amazon - browse graphics tablets on Amazon here.
Although we do not recommend a specific tablet, our tutors often use Huion tablets as they have found they are particularly good value.
If you have an iPad or iPhone and a Mac, you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a graphics tablet using an app like Astropad, which is pretty handy!