Tutors who add a video to their profile receive twice as many requests as those without so we highly recommend doing this as soon as possible. A profile video is a great way to get across your personality and help your profile to stand out from the crowd.
Here are some top tips for how to create your video.
To create your video you will need:
- A phone / ipad / laptop / computer with webcam
- A quiet, well lit space
Top Tip: The ideal length for your video is between 50 and 100 seconds
How to structure your video:
- Introduce yourself and what you do at University
- Explain what you love most about your subject and why you chose to study it
- Why do you want to tutor and how can you help prospective students?
- Sign off with a friendly message about getting in touch through the plaform and invite your students to have a free meeting with you
Top Tip: To help you remember what you've planned to say in your video, you may like to write some notes / prompts and put them somewhere visible while you make your video.