Once you have been invited to join our site after the interview, you can create an awesome video for your profile! Tutors who add a video to their profile receive twice as many requests as those without, so we highly recommend doing this as soon as possible. A profile video is a great way to get across your personality and help your profile to stand out from the crowd.
Here are some helpful hints for how to create your video.
You will need:
- A phone / iPad / laptop / computer with webcam
- A quiet, well lit space
Top Tip: The ideal length for your video is between 50 and 100 seconds
How to structure your video:
- Introduce yourself and what you do at University
- Explain what you love most about your subject and why you chose to study it
- Why do you want to tutor and how can you help prospective students?
- Sign off with a friendly message about getting in touch through the platform and invite your students to have a Free Video Meeting with you
Top Tip: To help you remember what you've planned to say in your video, you might like to write some notes / prompts and put them somewhere visible whilst you film your video.