We now have a dedicated team who spend their day talking to parents about our platform and finding a great tutor who suits their child’s learning requirements.
This is how the Matching process works:
1. One of our team will have a conversation with a parent over the phone, getting a sense of what their child is looking for help with and what kind of a tutor they think they would work well with.
2. They then send out a message to a handful of tutors (usually around 5) who meet the requirements and who they think could be a great fit. They’ll let you know what time you’ll need to be available for a Free Video Meeting with the parent.
3. If you’d like to work with the student and are available at the time of the Free Meeting, select ‘I can help’ and let the team know why you think you’d be a great match. What experience do you have working in the subject / level / syllabus? How can you meet the student’s learning needs?
If you’ve read the description and don’t think you can help, please select ‘I can’t help’. This helps us work quickly to bring opportunities to more tutors.
4. The team will then read all the responses they receive and pick the tutor who looks like the best match for the student.
5. If you’re successful, the team will let you know and book you in for a Free Meeting with the parent at the agreed time, and open a messaging thread with them so that you can introduce yourself and chat ahead of the Free Meeting.
If you’re unsuccessful, the team will let you know that they’ve chosen another tutor this time. We speak to a lot of parents each week and so we hope we’ll be able to match you with a new student soon.