'Profile views' are the number of unique users who have recently viewed your profile. A number of factors affect how many people have viewed your profile:
- Available to tutor if you're not looking for work and have set your profile to 'unavailable', we won't show it to parents
- Boost if you're actively looking for work, boost your profile to let us know (read on for more info on this)
- Profile photos and videos we know that profiles with high quality, professional photos get more views than those with lower resolution pics. Similarly, only around 10% of tutors have a profile video, so adding one can be a great way to stand out from the crowd
- Subjects you offer if the subject or subjects you tutor are particularly popular, you're likely to have more profile views than more niche subjects
- Time of year tutoring is a seasonal business, so you're likely to get fewer views in our quieter period over the summer.
Why should I boost my profile?
We've given boost a fresh look and new functionality based on your feedback about how we can help you find work on site.
Boosting lets us know that you're looking for work, and helps us match you with parents and students more effectively. We'll ask you for your availability over the next few days, and use this to match you with parents looking to meet a tutor soon whose availability matches yours.