'Profile views' are the number of unique users who have recently viewed your profile. A number of factors affect how many people have viewed your profile:
- Available to tutor if you're not looking for work and have set your profile to 'unavailable', we won't show it to parents.
- Boost if you're actively looking for work, boost your profile to let us know (read on for more info on this).
- A great profile photo will increase the chances of parents and students clicking on your profile. It's best that you upload a well lit, high quality photo that is taken of just yourself. A photo taken with you in a professional setting is also a great idea. This doesn't have to be a lecture theatre or classroom, but it might be best to avoid photos of you at the student bar.
- Profile video we know that only around 10% of tutors have a profile video, so adding one can be a great way to stand out from the crowd.
- Subjects you offer if the subject or subjects you tutor are particularly popular, you're likely to have more profile views than more niche subjects
- Time of year tutoring is a seasonal business, so you're likely to get fewer views in our quieter period over the summer.
Why should I boost my profile?
We've given boost a fresh look and new functionality based on your feedback about how we can help you find work on site.
Boosting lets us know that you're looking for work, and helps us match you with parents and students more effectively. We'll ask you for your availability over the next few days, and use this to match you with parents looking to meet a tutor soon whose availability matches yours.