Running your first MyTutor session might feel a bit daunting - so we’ve put together a few tips and tricks to help you get lessons off to a flying start:
- Remind pupils of their upcoming lesson - remember that all lessons are 50-55 minutes long!
- Make sure an IT room is booked with devices and headsets.
If pupils are having group lessons, each pupil will need their own device and headset
- Print out login details for your pupils via your teacher account. Read about that here!
- Ask IT to check webcams and headsets are working, and ensure that Google Chrome is installed on computers - this is where the lesson space works best!
- Have the MyTutor login link displayed in the room so that all pupils know where to go for their lessons. This is: www.mytutor.co.uk/schools/login
Getting started with the lesson space:
- Ask pupils to make a note of their usernames and passwords in their homework diary or planner
- Direct pupils to www.mytutor.co.uk/schools/login
- 5 minutes before a MyTutor lesson starts, the ‘Launch’ button will turn blue - your pupils will need to click this button to enter the lesson space
- Pupils will be taken through a quick Set-Up Test that will check the mics and cameras are in order and the internet speed
- Then they’ll be taken into the Online Lesson Space to meet their tutor and start their lesson!
Don't forget to watch our latest tour of the lesson space!