We are My Tutorweb Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered number is 08580263 and you can find our registered office at: 35 Ballards Lane, London N3 1XW.
In this statement we call ourselves “we” or “MTW”. We run a website called www.mytutor.co.uk that allows students and tutors to get together and have online tutorials. We call this “the site”. “You” and “Your” means a user of the site - that’s you! We’ve written this privacy statement to help show we’re serious about treating your data fairly and with care. We also hope it will help you understand:
- How we use the data we hold about you,
- How we protect it, and
- Who has access to it.
If we make a change to this statement, we’ll post the changes onto this webpage.
What information do we have?
Personal information about you that we need for you to use the site
This information includes:
So that we can set you up with an account on the site, we have your name, the name of your school, your year group, current and target grades, and the subject areas you need help with from our tutors. We get this information from your school.
We keep records of the dates and times of your lessons, any tech problems which may have come up in a lesson, and notes the tutor makes about the lessons you’ve had with them.
We keep the messages which have been sent by you, to you, or about you, on the site.
Photos and videos
We have photos and videos of you during your lessons, which we use for monitoring to keep you safe, and to make sure our tutors are keeping up a high standard of teaching.
We use small bits of code called cookies to collect:
- Your IP address
- Details of the device you use to access the site
- The pages you visit
- The actions you take (what you do on the site)
- The times and dates of things you do on the site
- How you use our email, text, and in-app messages,
- How you found the site
- How long it takes pages to load for you
How do we use your information?
We use the information your school gives to us to set up your lessons on the site, select the best tutor for you, and provide your lessons.
Your MTW tutor will share how you’re getting on with your teachers, and your other tutors on the site, so they can get create the best possible lessons for you, and keep your school updated on your progress. This includes sharing recordings.
- Use images of you during lessons to build trust between you and your tutor.
- Use the messages which have been sent by you, to you or about you on the site, as well as recordings of your lessons and phone calls to us, to check that the service we provide to you (and your school) is good enough and to allow us to meet our duty to keep you safe.
Why are we able to use your information?
We are allowed to use your information because either:
- we need it to provide the site and lessons to you, under a contract we have agreed for your school for your benefit,
- to help us improve the site, which improves our business, or
- the law says we have to.
Who else has access to this information?
Your tutor and school teacher will see and have copies of your information, as well as some third-party companies and service providers.
We use some other companies to help us provide our service, and we may need to pass some of your information to these third parties for the site to work properly.
If we pass your information to third parties, we share as little as possible. The types of companies we share your personal information with include:
- Analytics providers who help us to understand how our site is used
- Providers of tools for email, text, and in-app messages
- Providers of customer support services such as Zendesk for email and Intercom for LiveChat.
Where do we hold your information?
We don’t transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area.
How do we protect your information?
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us.
The site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we hold about you.
Complaints or questions
If you have any questions about the information we hold on you, how we use that information, or what we do with it, you can contact us:
By email to email@example.com or to the address below, and addressed to Thibault Laid, Head of Operations 0203 773 6025
If you don’t like how we’re using your data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your information for six years after you have last been active on the site. This is so you can keep using the site for as long as you might need to.
After that time has passed, or after you ask us to delete your data (whichever is earlier), we’ll delete your personal data – unless we have a specific reason (for example, a legal reason) that means we need to keep it for longer. But we’ll never keep it for longer than the law tells us to.
How to access or correct your personal information
- Find out if we hold any information about you by making a “subject access request”. If we do hold information about you, we’ll let you have a copy of that information, unless there’s a legal exception. If that’s the case, we’ll tell you why we’re not sharing the information with you.
- Ask to correct information we hold about you if it’s incorrect or incomplete.
- Ask us to limit how we use your data. If we can’t do this for technical reasons, or we can’t provide the service to you by restricting the use of your information, we’ll tell you.
- Ask us to remove your information. If we can’t remove your information, we will tell you why, for example, if we need to keep it for legal reasons.
To ask us to do any of these things, please write to us at [our contract address below – insert link] or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [“Data Protection Rights”.]
Moving your personal information
If the services we provide to you are being moved to a different provider, you can ask us to send you, or the provider, an electronic copy of the information we hold about you, in a format which can be used by you or someone else.
If you’d like us to move, copy, or transfer your information, please let us know by email to email@example.com. We’ll get back to you within 1 month after checking whether or not this is possible. This may depend on the person you’re asking us to send your information to.
How to contact us and request information
Any questions about how we use and manage your information can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requested in writing to:
My Tutorweb Limited (Internal Compliance Department)
3-5 Fashion Street
We often check this document and it was last updated In November 2020.