The last check we make during a set up test is on your webcam, just to make sure it’s working okay for your session.
If your webcam is not working, you’ll see one of the following screens in your setup test.
Make sure the browser is allowing the lesson space to access your microphone.
To allow access click on the padlock icon in Chrome or Firefox on the top left of your page.
Or, you can go to your Chrome settings > privacy and security > site setting > camera > MyTutor
Ensure you have chosen ‘Allow’ rather than ‘Ask’ or ‘Deny’
If you're still having trouble with your camera access, please try the following steps:
1. Using incognito mode by pressing control + shift + N on Windows or Command + Shift + N on a Mac and launching the lesson space from this window.
2. Try downloading a different browser, we recommend Firefox and Google Chrome.
3. Check your windows settings by going to the Windows button > privacy > camera > ‘Allow apps to access’ and ‘Allow desktop apps to access’ both turned on
4. Check a third party filter, Antivirus, or Firewall application is not blocking your camera.
5. Check your camera is not being physically covered by a switch
6. Check if your camera is working in other applications
If you're still struggling please get in touch with MyTutor support via livechat.