MyTutor is the UK’s leading online tutoring platform where you can book tailored one-to-one lessons with top tutors.
We want students to learn at a pace that suits them in an environment which allows them to flourish. Our tutors are on hand to give personalised support and help raise confidence, as well as grades. To do this, we need to uphold a safe and comfortable platform for everyone's use which is why we expect certain behaviours from all those using the platform.
If you want to contact your tutor directly, you can log in to your MyTutor account and select ‘Messages’ at the top of the page. This way, you can discuss lesson arrangements directly with your tutor.
If you’re looking to reach out directly to a new tutor, please see further information here.
Here are 5 tips to get the most out of your lessons:
- Set expectations. When messaging your tutor, it’s always best to be as clear as possible with your expectations of them as your tutor.
- Consistency is key! By having regular sessions, this will not only mean your child has a good routine, but will also allow our tutors to have a consistent schedule.
- Give feedback! Receiving feedback is hugely important to our tutors as it helps them improve their tutoring sessions by letting them know what’s going well and any areas they need to improve or modify their approach to, in order to best suit the learner.
- Remember our tutors are students themselves. This means they also have other commitments and may not be able to respond immediately, but we’re always on hand to help reach out!
- Have your payments and tech set up prior to the lessons. This way each lesson can launch smoothly on time and allows time for tutors to plan ahead of the lesson.
Here are a few things we can’t allow, for the safety of both our tutors and students when contacting your tutor:
- Asking your tutor for personal details whether that be their last name, phone number, or email address.
- Asking to have your lessons off the site
- Sharing bank details
- Using inappropriate or abusive language/ actions
These behaviours are against our Online Safety Guidelines. The reason we don’t allow for these behaviours is so we can aim to maintain the highest possible standard of safeguarding, and keeping all contact on the platform protects both you and your tutor. Where these behaviours do occur, it could result in the closure of your account.
Check out our about us to learn more about who we are and our mission to offer life-changing tuition.