MyTutor is the UK’s leading online tutoring platform where you can book tailored one-to-one lessons with top tutors.
We want students to learn at a pace that suits them in an environment which allows them to flourish. Our tutors are on hand to give personalised support and help raise confidence, as well as grades. To do this, we need to uphold a safe and comfortable platform for everyone's use which is why we expect certain behaviours from all those using the platform.
If you want to contact your tutor directly, you can just log in to your MyTutor account and select ‘Messages’ at the top of the page. This way you can discuss lesson arrangements directly with your tutor.
If you are looking to reach out directly to a new tutor please see further information here.
Here are 5 tips to get the most out of your tutorials:
- When messaging your tutor it’s always best to be clear with your expectations of them as your tutor.
- Have regular lessons. By having sessions at the same time each week not only will give your child a good routine, but allow our tutors to have a regular schedule.
- Give feedback! Receiving feedback is hugely important to our tutors as it helps them improve their tutoring sessions by letting them know what is going well and any areas which they need to improve.
- Patience and understanding, remember that our tutors are eager students so may also have other commitments.
- Have your payments and tech set up prior to the lessons. This way each lesson can launch smoothly and on time.
Here are a few things to avoid when contacting your tutor:
- Asking your tutor for personal details whether that be their last name, phone number, or email address.
- Asking to have your lessons off the site
- Sharing bank details
- Using inappropriate or abusive language/ actions
These behaviours are against our Online Safety Guidelines. The reason we don’t allow for these behaviours is so we can aim to maintain the highest possible standard of safeguarding, and keeping all contact on the platform protects both you and your tutor.
Check out our about us to learn more about who we are and our mission to offer life-changing tuition.